MASKS & MIRRORS: Finding the Truth Under the Surface Omega Institute For Holistic Studies September 18-23, 2016
MASKS & MIRRORS Finding the Truth Under the Surface Omega Institute for Holistic Studies - Rhinebeck, NY September 18 - 23, 2016
Deep in our psyche we all have a knowing of our true Self: Of the essence of who we really are, of our unique gifts and of our particular path in this life time.
Unfortunately for many of us, the circumstances of our lives have compelled us to create masks or personae to ‘fit into this world’ and to survive in sometimes overt and sometimes opaque situations that do not allow us to manifest our essence. Thus, wherever we are on the path to Self discovery, the yearning to know ourselves deeply, to connect with our inner knowing, to find and be our authentic Self, and to do the work that we are meant to do in the world continues.
Based on psychotherapy and shamanic practices, this powerful and revealing workshop uses shamanic journeys and mirror gazing to ‘see’ beyond our surface masks to the depth of our inner wisdom. Mask making, writing, movement, mandala making and group sharing deepen our experience and allow for the opportunity to witness and be witnessed.
As you leave this workshop you take with you a deeper knowing of your authentic self and of your unique path on this planet. You also take with you practices to continue connecting with inner wisdom and a vision of how to live from the deepest part of who you are.
Soul Reflections (Now Masks and Mirrors) comments from past participants
You’re doing amazing work! Love, Kevin
- excellent program for self-discovery from a role-model teacher - Valerie _This was much more profound than I expected. I found a strength in myself I did not realize I had. mk_ _A loving gentle way of connecting to deeper parts of myself. df_ _I felt connected to my guides in a very deep comforting way. jl_ - Participating in one of Monique’s workshops was a joy! Monique created an environment that was educational, playful, spirited and engaging. Her intuitive and unique style had me immediately connecting with myself and then with other workshop members. I left knowing that I had grown both personally and professionally. I can’t wait for the next! Linda - I was surprised by the depth of insight I received in what seemed at first to be such a simple workshop - KA
- This was much more profound than I expected. I found a strength in myself I did not realize I had. MK
- A loving gentle way of connecting to deeper parts of myself. DF
- I felt connected to my guides in a very deep comforting way. JL
- I found myself transported to a time in my childhood when I ‘knew’. Now I can know again. DB - I thought the journeying, movement, the gazing and the mandala art work was a wonderful combination and it really revved up my creative fires! I also felt by the last gazing at the mirror that I was very relaxed and calm in a way I have not been in a long time. AK
- I am still processing my experience, but I can say that it was profoundly transformative and grounding and I look forward to continuing the work I started there.LE
- I participated in Monique's Soul Reflections workshop, and found it to be personally insightful, healing, and informative. It's been more than a month since the workshop and I continue to find myself having insights related to the processes I experienced in the workshop."Monique is an excellent group facilitator and counselor. She creates a safe space and welcomes active participation, and is compassionate and caring - Matthew Z